What Is A Land Lease Community?
UMH communities are known as Land Lease communities. In short, a resident of a Land Lease community owns or rents a home while leasing the lot underneath the home from the landowner. The Land Lease arrangement allows a resident to experience the true privacy and independence of a single-family home, without spending additional funds on a land purchase or expensive real estate taxes.
This option provides a lot of freedom of choice to potential home buyers who want high-quality homes at a lower cost. But there are many other financial, lifestyle, recreational and practical benefits to living in a Land Lease community!
Benefits of Land Lease Communities
- Land Lease communities are often tight-knit, with neighbors instilling a strong sense of togetherness and security.
- Residents gather for social events for all ages. Whether it’s back-to-school events, a dinner to honor our Veterans, or movie night at the clubhouse: Families, children, singles and seniors are all welcome.
- Amenities are offered at most of our communities, such as community clubhouses, playgrounds, swimming pools, basketball/tennis courts, fitness centers, and even storage facilities for RVs and boats.
- Many of our communities have 24/7 Onsite Maintenance at no extra cost, so our residents can live worry-free.
- Our communities are built with location in mind, so residents have quick access to where they work and play!
- Community landscaping, repairs and maintenance of amenities all fall in our hands.
Our Happy Residents
Here are the reasons why our residents love living in their UMH communities.
“I have lived in Collingwood since 1988. I love it here. Very quiet country setting. This is my little dog Mikey who lives to lay out in the sun in my deck!”
“Parke Place Estates is a great community for families. My daughter and I enjoy spending time outside. Our community has lots to offer whether it be playing at the park, swimming in the pool, or just taking a walk around the community. We love it here!”
“My mother, Phyllis Witmer, is 96 years and going strong. She is the matriarch of our family, and we love having her in a community where she can enjoy life in a safe and active environment. Boardwalk truly is home.”
The UMH Difference
UMH provides are residents with more than just a home. When you move in to a UMH community, you’re assured that we will be dedicated to constant improvements and additional amenities for you, your family and your neighbors. That is why, for four years running since 2016, a UMH community has been selected as the recipient of the Manufactured Housing Institute’s Land-Lease Community of the Year Award. So you know you’re getting the best from us.
We own communities in New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, South Carolina and Alabama. We also own and operate one community in Florida through a joint venture with Nuveen Real Estate. Use our community finder tool to find a new home in a community near you!